We are currently seeking someone to fill the role of Sr. Support Analyst. Job details follow:
Job Description | Senior Support Analyst
Reports to: Service Desk Manager Location: San Francisco/East Bay
The Senior Support Analyst job position focuses on providing remote and field service for our clients.
The position will involve: working with and assisting our team of engineers in the field, providing onsite and remote support, maintenance of servers, desktop systems, telephony platforms, storage devices, and networking equipment in heterogeneous (Apple and Windows PC) environments. An estimated 40-60% of this job will consist of fieldwork with the remainder being executed in the company offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for general system administration and troubleshooting of servers and server-related equipment/systems, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, User Profile maintenance, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and general networking TCP/IP protocols.
Responsible for General Network troubleshooting regarding internal routing and application communication both on internal networks and over the WAN (Wide Area Network)
Install, configure, and maintain laptops and desktops, printers/MFP units
Some system administration up to and including management of user accounts and groups in Windows Server platforms including (W2k3, W2k8, Win2012 and SBS
Initial triage and remediation of customer network, routing and wireless issues prior to escalation to internal SysAdmins or Engineers.
Responsible for maintaining detailed records in our Professional Service Automation (PSA) platform (AutoTask) of all work completed, including description of computer environment encountered, steps taken for resolution, difficulties encountered, status of resolution at completion of work.
Manage created and assigned caseload to meet client SLAs interacting with Client and Internal team, escalating as appropriate, to ensure timely resolution of client isues.
Assist in managing and monitoring client Business Continuity Systems remote to client locations.
Participation in after-hours call rotation will be required.
Assist Service Delivery Manager and Technical Account Managers with planning, management and execution of client facing projects with small teams consisting of external third party vendors and internal support staff with a best effort attempt to complete projects on schedule.
Will perform general office activity duties including – but not limited to – answering phones within the prescribed acceptable parameters, executing proactive review of client environments, documentation creation, and effective communication with other coworkers.
Will perform general business duties such as reading and effectively responding to email and voicemail communications in a timely manner by company standards.
Responsible for execution of any other activity as indicated by senior employees that is deemed to be fair, reasonable and within the boundaries of good business practice as established by company ethics and general principles.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The following capabilities are expected of all Senior Support Analysts:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate IT support position – prior MSP of Field Work experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP/7/8 and Mac OS X experience
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience creating and deploying system images across multiple systems using Microsoft sysprep, Symantec Ghost, Acronis Snap Deploy, Bart PE or other similar imaging tools and processes.
- Experience working with virtualization solutions such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMWare ESX, ESXi or vSphere solutions.
- Experience with remote assistance tools like Continuum, LogMeIn Rescue or similar.
- Ability to respond to simultaneous support calls and field issues remotely or onsite as the issue and schedule requires.
- Demonstrated history of self-guided exposure to cutting edge-technologies, maintenance and improvement of certifications and required skills.
- Respect for the care and caution required when working with and around production systems
- Ability to speak clearly about technologies at the conceptual level with customers of a differing level of technical experience, and with executive staff (CXO) or principals.
- Ability to independently research hardware and software issues as required, utilizing vendor support when needed.
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Current Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance and reliable transportation a must
- Able to life 50lbs
- Experience in using issue tracking or Professional Services Automation tools like Connectwise or Autotask
- Experience with Sonicwall and Cisco Networking Devices
- Experience with Architecture, Engineering or Construction Firms a Major Plus!!
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org