Why Your Business Should Care About Yelp
You may have heard that Yelp was yesterday’s news, and it wasn’t useful to your small business today. That’s likely your competition talking!
Yelp is still not simply relevant but also essential for small business in this day and age of instant social signals blasting your reputation around the Web. To underscore this even more we decided to share a ton of the reasons why your small business should still care about Yelp. This ought to open your eyes to the opportunity that Yelp still offers. Check ’em out!
10 good reasons to use Yelp even more than before!
- 90 percent of Yelp users say that positive reviews influence their buying choices, and most of those reviews are written ones.
- 93 percent of those who conduct research on review sites typically make purchases at the businesses they search.
- There is an $8,000 average increase in annual revenues for small businesses that use Yelp for their business.
- There is a $23,000 average increase in revenues for those who chose to advertise on Yelp.
- 77 percent of Yelp users report an improved focus on customer service after using Yelp.
- Despite all of this, 87 percent of small businesses still haven’t embraced Yelp in a significant way.
- Reviewers that praise your “customer service”: are more likely to provide 5 star reviews.
- Each star earned generates a 5-9% jump in revenues earned.
- Yelp favors small businesses over large chains.
- Yelp’s new “Call to Action” button can bring customers directly from your Yelp page to your site where a transaction can occur.
Yelp is far from over in the online review space. It still offers a huge opportunity for small business. As huge numbers of online shoppers investigate online reviews and base their buying decisions on them, it is fiscally irresponsible to not use such a fantastic site for positive feedback about your brand. Yelp offers you the chance to engage with the public you seek to attract in a substantive and tangible way.